Below you’ll find an outline for Stage 1 of our reopening plan which will last a minimum of 14 days. The goal is to initiate this stage within the first week of King County officially starting Phase 3 of the state’s Safe Start reopening plan for businesses, however we will adjust accordingly based on the most recent data and state guidelines, as our highest priority is the health of you and your families.
We could technically attempt reopening during Phase 2 of the state’s plan, however the group size restrictions which would be in place as well as several other factors make it a less than ideal time to do so. I’m confident that in following this plan we will be able to do things correctly the first time around with limited adjustments and stumbling blocks getting in our way.
I ask for your continued support and honesty in upholding the policies and procedures within to help us provide the safest training environment possible for our students and their families. Please note that this is a living document and all guidelines are subject to change if necessary given updated information and state requirements.
Pre reopening procedures:
- The academy will be sanitized from top to bottom by a professional cleaning company prior to reopening.
- All training areas, including the underside of the mats, as well as the floor underneath them will be thoroughly sanitized.
- 6’x6’ drilling areas will be marked off within the training area.
- Students entering the academy must confirm they have had no symptoms of COVID-19 within the last 14 days. Symptoms include: Fever | Cough | Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing | Chills | Repeated shaking with chills | Muscle pain | Headache | Sore throat | New loss of taste or smell.
- Students entering the academy must confirm they’ve had no known contact with anyone testing positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days (this includes all healthcare workers).
- Students entering the academy must confirm they have complied with the following social distancing guidelines for the last 14 days: Staying at least 6 feet away from others during shopping at the grocery store or pharmacy; wearing a mask covering the nose and mouth when out in public, including in outdoor spaces; Avoiding large and small gatherings in private places and public spaces, such as a friend’s house, parks, restaurants, shops, or any other place, and have been working from home when possible.
- Students entering the academy must confirm they have not been cross training with individuals outside of our team or their household within the past 14 days.
- Students must reserve a training spot at least 24 hours in advance to avoid being turned away from the academy (more info on this will be provided prior to reopening).
- Students must arrive 10-15 minutes early to check in for their class.
- Students must not arrive late to their class without prior permission to do so.
- Students must wait in the parking lot area in front of the academy, with masks on and while maintaining 6ft of space between each other, prior to entering the academy one at a time for check in.
- Students must wear a mask (non sealed and made of cloth or Lycra) the entire time they’re within the academy.
- Students must pass an infrared contactless temperature check prior to admittance.
- Students displaying outward symptoms of illness will not be admitted.
- Students must arrive at the academy dressed in their training attire.
- Students must wear shoes on all non matted surfaces within the academy.
- Students must wear a rashguard underneath their uniform.
- Students must bring their own training dummy or family member for use during drills.
- Students must bring their own reusable water bottle which will be kept with them during training.
- Students who’ve been actively cross training with individuals outside our team or their household will be required to complete 14 days without doing so prior to being allowed to attend at our academy.
- All spectators must wait outside during class.
- No outside students allowed.
- No new student enrollments.
- Academy will be sanitized after every class.
- No congregating in the lobby or changing room areas.
- Students must sanitize hands and feet prior to entering the training area.
- All classes will be streamed online for students who are not initially comfortable training in person.
- Students will form a circle at the beginning of the class and bow towards the center of the room.
- More classes and shorter classes will be offered to allow numerous training opportunities as well as time for necessary cleanup and check in procedures after each class.
- Students will be assigned their own ring separated by 6’ of space.
- Students may choose to drill on their self provided training dummy or with a family member they’ve been in quarantine with who also meets our entry prerequisites.
- No rolling during stage 1 of our reopening.
- Students will form a circle at the end of class and bow towards the center, no high fives or handshakes.